Sunday 26 April 2015

Live Beyond Yourself

This one goes to you

My friend, brother, sister, even to you the one who has put a label of enemy to me I write this one to you to remind you of the road that is slowly becoming a memory to you. I am writing this one to remind you of the reason of your existence, the greater purpose of your life. Around you we stand scattered and divide your concentration amongst things that really do not matter, I want you to close your eyes and try remember the small limitless child you use to be, the one with little understanding of what was happening but carried a great vision of where it will end one day. Is this what you had in mind? is it where your vision carried you? are you on cause?

I do not stand on higher moral ground nor greater purpose than you, I  do not lead a greater vision than you have, I am no immortal and forgive myself for being insufficient. I may not know your challenges today but I do know that all of us are presented with a lot of them and temptations, we are equipped with a mind that has the ability to make things what they are not, a mind that could lead us to give away our lifetime of happiness for a moment of joy. 

Purpose demands of us to live a life beyond the little passing situations and joys so when we are in situations we should remember that our decisions should reflect the future we are born to lead, the purpose of our lives is beyond holding hands and walking down the streets in love, it is greater than the temporary kiss of deceit, last longer than the moment of lust we give into. It is sweeter than the bitterness of the betrayals of life, our purpose is warmer than the cold nights under the bridge, stronger than the pains on a body dying of cancer, it is permanent than the scars of rape, it a commitment that will never end-up in a divorce. It is greater than you weaknesses, it is more real than your doubts, it is enough than your insufficiencies. Your purpose has a light that shines so bright that even the darkest cloth of death cannot cover. Live beyond yourself, realise your purpose...

No comments:

Post a Comment